South Kolkata Hamari Muskan welcomes volunteers to work with its children, youths and mothers in the Bowbazaar and Shonagachhi centres.
Volunteers contribute to the cause through following programmes:
Spoken English Programme - SKHM children are mostly first-generation learners who study in Bengali-medium schools. They lack skills to communicate effectively in English. Help these children by teaching them interactive English (once a week) in our centres.
Computer Literacy Programme - Volunteer with the children or youths and introduce them to the possibilities of computer literacy or simply help them practise.
Tiny Tots Programme - If you love working with children join SKHM’s Tiny Tots Programme. Read rhymes, sing or teach basic pre-school topics to those between 3 and 6 years old.
Advocacy & Awareness Programmes - Share the SKHM cause in your network / social media / school / college. Come intern in our administrative / office.
Help Us Raise Fund - Help us crowd fund particular projects.
Write to us with your ideas on how you would like to contribute to our volunteering programme
Important Notice For Volunteers & Visitors:
• Volunteers will have to abide by our Child Protection Policy.
• Intake of volunteers will depend on availability of posts.
• Certificate of Appreciation will be given only after a completion of the stipulated period of work.
• SKHM does not allow visitors & volunteers to take photos of (underage) students
• To take photos with the SKHM staff & youths please do seek the individual’s permission and inform them why you need to do so.
• Photos of full faces of underage students cannot be shared on any social media platforms (Whatsapp groups / Facebook / Blogs / Vlogs, etc. Violations will lead to legal action.)
• SKHM does not allow any visitors to any of the centres without prior office permission.
• If prior permission is not taken, all centre staff are under strict orders to ask visitors to leave. If there are any complaints please contact the central office.
• We do not allow more than the stipulated number of guests to visit. (Space comes at a premium at a red light area and our kids work in very tiny spaces. We need to plan in advance to accommodate you and not have anything disrupt classes.)
Interested volunteers, kindly send us your CV at email@example.com